- Running SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) database.
- While configuring backup profiles for dumps using external APIs with names over 30 characters, the following error is encountered:
1> sp_config_dump @config_name='Backup_Conf3', @ext_api = 'sybackup::-SERV 03 -CLIENT Q2WR ', @compression = '101'
Msg 3051, Level 16, State 4:
Server 'SID', Procedure 'sp_config_dump', Line 405:
The dump configuration 'sybackup::-SERV 03 -CLIENT Q2WRÿ+kMÿÿÿ+kÿÿÿ+kI' supplied for Backup_Conf3 is invalid.
(1 row affected)
(return status = 1)
- If the name has only 30 characters, the command works fine:
1> sp_config_dump @config_name='Backup_Conf3', @ext_api = 'sybackup::-SERV 03 -CLIENT Q2W ', @compression = '101'
The change is completed. The option is dynamic and ASE need not be rebooted for the change to take effect.
(return status = 0)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) 7.0
dump, configuration, backupserver, ext_api, CR784560, 784560 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.