You are defining the tasks of a project. During this process you have created a Milestone as a successor of one of the tasks
The system however scheduled this Milestone to start one day after the predecessor task is finished. Your expectation is that the Milestone should occur on the same day as the task is finished, since you define a lag time of Zero days, however this is not occurring.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center
- Go to Projects view
- Search and select the desired project
- Select the option Edit, then choose Project Plan
- Select the Task ABC.
- See it is scheduled to finish on XX-YY-ZZZZ
- Select the Milestone XYZ
- See it is a successor of the task ABC. It has a dependency type defined as Finish-to-Start and a lag defined as Zero days.
- Hover the cursor on the milestone icon in the Gantt Chart
- System shows the start date as X1.YY.ZZZZ (where X1 is one day after XX)
System is behaving as expected.
If you have a milestone that is a successor of a task and you maintain the lag as Zero, this means that the milestone is planned on the following day after the task is finished.
The reason is that typically a milestone is not just a mark in the calendar but sometimes also something has to be done when closing a milestone.
To achieve the desired scenario, where the Milestone starts on the same day as the task is finished, the Lag time needs to be maintained as -1
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To