Query Operation to CompoundEmployee API fails with an error message:
"direct_deposit" is not supported without "payment_information", if Payment Information V3 is enabled.
Sample SOAP Request:
Sample SOAP Response
- In B1411 release, HRIS based Direct Deposit or Payment information has been migrated to MDF.
- Compound Employee API supports both HRIS Based object and MDF object.
- If option has been enabled at the backend then you will not be able to use HRIS based Direct Deposit or Payment Information.
- After enabling the switch, all the new records got created will be treated as MDF based Payment Information.
- If value were maintained in HRIS based Direct Deposit or Payment Information before enabling the switch on UI and data migration has not been done to MDF baased object, query result will not fetch data for old records.
Logon to Successfactors Provisioning system and check if MDF based new Payment Information has been enabled. This option can be found under "Company Setting" as shown below:
To fix the issue, make sure "Payment Information" segment has been selected in select query as shown below (Irrespective of the fact that data has been maintained on the UI):
For all the existing customers who are using the old Payment Information portlet or Direct Deposit portlet, you must migrate the data from the old portlets to MDF based portlet first by using the “Upgrade Center” before you enable the new Payment Information portlet from the backend.
If you have already activated the new payment Information portlet in the provisioning before migrating the data from the old portlet and now you want to migrate the data maintained in the old portlet, follow the below steps:
- you must delete the data maintained in the new Payment Information portlet,
- deselect the new Payment Information in Provisioning because “Payment Information Upgrade” option will be available only if the new Payment Informationoption is deselected in Provisioning system.
- Now use the Upgrade Center to migrate data by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Logon to Successfactors system and go to admin tools.
In “Company Processes & Cycles“ portlet click on Company Settings-> Company System and Logo Settings .deselect the Enable Bank Account Validationsand Enable Payment Information Validation checkboxes.
- Click Save Company System Setting.
- Now, go back to Admin Tool and click on “Upgrade Center”.
- Click on "Learn More & Upgrade Now".
- Click on "Upgrade Now".
- Once upgrade completed, click on "OK".
- Now, check the migration status and make sure that all data has been migrated successfully.
Go to Admin Tools->Process Job Monitor->Monitor Job and download the file.
If you see the message "Payment information migrated successfully", it means that all users' data has been successfully migrated. Proceed to the next step.
If not all data has been migrated, the job report informs you of the error that has caused the problem, for example, "Deposit type is Balance for multiple entries, but bank details are inconsistent. Please correct the data." Correct the data in the old Direct Deposit or Payment Information portlet. Repeat steps until all users’ data is successfully migrated.
When data has been successfully migrated for all the users, you will not see Payment Information Upgrade in the Upgrade Center, and the new Payment Information option is automatically enabled in Provisioning.
Check and make sure that the new Payment Information option under Employee Central is selected in Provisioning. This option should be automatically selected after the successful migration. If it is not, manually select it.
NOTE: It is important to remember that once you have switched the new MDF-based Payment Information on, you can't go back to the HRIS-based Direct Deposit/Payment Information.
KBA , LOD-SF-INT-EC , Employee Central SFAPI & OData Entities , Problem