- How to edit and change existing Item ID and/or Type.
- Is it possible to update an Item ID within LMS?
- How to copy and create a new item in LMS.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning (LMS)
It is not possible to edit any item (or other entity) IDs and Types within LMS. Generally, IDs act as the primary key for database tables and once they are created, they can not be modified or deleted.
The only available workaround would be to copy and/or create a new item as follows:
1. Make a copy of the item by going to Actions > Copy.
2. Create the new item.
3. Modify the description/title - if you would like.
*Please note the copy function does not allow to change the item Type. In such cases, a new item would need to be created altogether, using the desired item Type.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, edit item id, modify, delete , change, assignment type, actions, copy , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To