- Update transaction running in a SAP IQ 15.2 MPX writer node is not responding or completing
- Subsequent transactions that need to update the same tables become stuck waiting on the initially hung transaction to complete
- Monitoring output from stored procedure sp_iqtransaction, sp_iqcontext and sp_iqlocks shows a long running update transaction stuck with an OPENCURSOR in a PREPARED state that does not move. It will also show subsequent transactions requiring locks on the same table resources becoming stuck waiting on the completion of the initial transaction.
- Eventually all connections and context slots in the IQ server become full and no further connections are serviced giving the impression that the entire IQ server is now hung
- Capturing pstacks of the IQ process show one or more threads stuck in a loop on a call to s_phash::ReHashInternal similar to the following
----------------- lwp# 166 / thread# 166 --------------------
fffffd7fe68b370a __1cHs_phashOReHashInternal6M_i_ () + 110a
fffffd7fe68aa38d __1cHs_phashRInsertKeyIfUnique6MpkpknJhos_datum__i_ () + 2d
fffffd7fe5d7ab52 __1cUdfe_ManyCachedValuesIEvaluate6M_v_ () + b2
fffffd7fe5d9a455 __1cSdfe_CountAggregateJNextValue6M_v_ () + 65
fffffd7fe5f10738 __1cSdfo_GroupByOrderedJFetchOpus6M_i_ () + 678
fffffd7fe5e8b08e __1cPdfjo_HashParaT1JFetchOpus6M_i_ () + 6fe
fffffd7fe5fa3aab __1cSdfo_cOrderByParaInIExecWork6MriI_i_ () + 51b
fffffd7fe63af9e6 __1cNworkAllocatorGDoWork6MI_v_ () + 216
fffffd7ffe8f55b5 ???????? ()
fffffd7ffe10da9b _thr_setup () + 5b
fffffd7ffe10dcd0 _lwp_start ()
- Eventually the server may become unresponsive and requires a kill and restart which clears the problem.
SAP IQ 15.2
SAP Sybase IQ 15.2
KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.