- Synonyms do not work with Oracle Stored Procedures and JDBC driver. The same synomym works with Native connection.
- Unable to expand Synonym for Oracle stored procedure in Field Explorer of Crystal Report using jdbc connectivity.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- Oracle 11g
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a stored procedure named RPT_TEST_PROC in SYSTEM schema.
- Create synonym named SYNONYM123 in SCOTT schema for the stored procedure RPT_TEST_PROC.
- Create Crystal report using jdbc connectivity to add SYNONYM123.
- Once the SYNONYM123 is added to the report, in the Field Explorer, SYNONYM123 cannot be expanded to access the stored procedure RPT_TEST_PROC.
Synonym of stored procedure is not supported with Oracle JDBC driver.
Use alternative connection, like Native driver or ODBC.
CR, Oracle, synonym, stored procedure, jdbc , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem