- A user is fetching information from a Background API (Example - Background_education)
- They are not able to find the externalId of the employee from its USR-XXX number
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Reproducing the Issue
You may be using a similar query as below to fetch background information (sample user from SuccessFactors SalesDemo):
- We can see that this fetches the selected fields from Background_education API entity (SFAPI)
- We cannot find the externalId or employee's name from the obtained results since Background API doesn't provide those details
- This is because these fields are not available in Background_education API entity. (Shown below)
Relating the above results such as USR-93 to its corresponding employee details is a challenge.
Background API stores information such as Employee's education/qualification/previous experience and so on.. but not their current employment details
This is the product behavior
We can relate USR-XXX and externalId with the help of SFAPI User Entity. This is possible as explained below:
- We have a USR-93 without any employee information.
- Now, run a Query for User entity such as: SELECT firstName, lastName, externalId FROM User WHERE id IN ('USR-93') and explore the results
- From the aove results, We can easily find that USR-93 is related to the externalId "mhoff1" whose name is Marcus Hoff.
SF SuccessFactors Background API issue, USR and externalId, USR - Name query cannot unable to return find relate , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem