- How to remove the field username from the UI search;
- How to add the field username from the UI search;
- When searching for a user via People Search, their SuccessFactors username or user-id is displayed;
- Can these fields (username or user-id) be removed from the Search results?
Image/Data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance and Navigate to People 'Search' at the top of the home page.
- Search for any user by their 'username', 'firstname' or lastname.
- Notice the username is appended at the end of the employee's name.
- The Username, along with the employee name, can also be seen at Company Info Orgchart.
Removing this requires enablement of a Provisioning feature. Please discuss with your Implementation Partner or raise an incident with SAP Cloud Product Support.
How to enable the "Hide (user name) in the UI" feature.
Via Platform Feature Settings (b2005 Release)
- Ensure that you have permissions to Platform Feature Settings. Please refer to KBA 2251324 - How to enable Platform Feature Settings
- Navigate to (Admin Center > Platform Feature Settings > Enable Feture) and Check 'Hide Username in the UI':
- Click "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Changes will reflect accordingly in People Search and Company Info Orgchart:
Note: This option only works when searching the employee via global search. The search using User name will still be available in Employee Central fields, like Manager/Supervisor.
2385804 - Supported Fields for People Search in SuccessFactors
SuccessFactors, Search Users by Username, Remove Username, People Search, account navigation, Search a user by username in employee profile, hide username in the UI, Username Search, Search by Username, How to Search for username, Not able to search a user by username in employee profile , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , People Profile (Employee Profile / PP3) , How To