- Memory size of dataserver process keeps increasing and grows larger than it should exceeding the size of 'max memory' setting
- The issue may not be apparent for weeks or months unless dataserver memory size is monitored on OS level
- Monitoring (MDA) is enabled with config parameter : 'enable monitoring' = 1
- As result of the memory leak
- ASE may be killed by OOM (Linux)
- No evidence can be found in ASE log, but the OS log will show OOM kill on dataserver process
- "Infected with signal 11" error in the Gbitstr::Gbitstr() module (Solaris)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01 & SP02
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Cluster Edition 16.0 SP01
CR785795, CR #85795, 785795, enable, monitoring, heap, memory, swap, space, LeAPScanContext , OOM , cluster , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.