- ASE reports Error 940 with a stack trace after killing a process (spid):
Error: 940, Severity: 26, State: 52
Dbtable in wrong state for operation: DBTABLE pointer = 0x0x2aadb7dd2a80, dbid = 2, state = 0x2, status= 0xc, keep = -1, system task keep = 0, name = 'tempdb'.
- Keep Count in the error message should be 0 (keep = 0)
- Stack trace shows the module dbt__clear_cached_pss_dbts(), Most important one would be dbt_unkeep
- Error 940 was followed by Error 6103 (while running a stored procedure "Dbtable in wrong state for Operation" followed by a stack trace and the process being terminated. May leave phantom process):
Error: 6103, Severity: 17, State: 1
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 940
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR777296, CR#777296, 777296, stacktrace, phantom, worktable, 32k, wrong state, keepcnt, dbt_unkeep , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.