You have a first implementation project in a test system. Now, you want to close this first implementation project in the test system. But there is no Close Project button and Close Project activity.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Select the Implementation Projects view
- The First Implementation project is in Tested status
In the following tenant types, the status Tested is the last status of a first implementation project :
- Initial test tenants, through which a productive system was created
- Standalone test tenants
The prerequisite to perform the Close Project activity in a first implementation project is to perform the Go-Live activity. Therefore, it was decided to remove the Close Project activity for the first implementation project in a test tenant.
It is very important to know how you want to use this test tenant in the future.
If you want to use a (initial or non-initial) test tenant as standalone test tenant without connection to the production tenant, it is not a good approach to close the first implementation project in the test tenant. In this case, the first implementation project has to remain open for immediate changes or scoping/fine-tuning changes in the project. After closing the project, any business configuration changes are no longer possible. Since the first implementation project in a test system hasn't a live status, it is also not possible to create change projects in this system. So it is not possible to perform any changes in this test tenant anymore (You may have to reset the status to Tested. This is possible via the Activity List).
If you want to use an initial test tenant as a remote test system with connection to the production tenant so that you can use it to work on remote change projects, then follow below steps.
- Request a termination of the test system which has the First Implementation with status "Started" or "Tested"
- Request a new system with copy of source system (production)
- In the source system, create and then copy a change project via button Copy Solution Profile
- If you want to use a non-initial test tenant as remote test system with connection to the production tenant, you may open an incident and ask SAP Support to close the project. However, this is not a recommended option because there is a potential risk of data mismatch between the test and production system. Often a standalone test tenant is an older tenant with older test data. If a user copies a change project from the production to the standalone test tenant, then maybe the test data in the test tenant does not fit to the configuration copied from the productive tenant. In this case, the test tenant cannot be used and may end up in data inconsistency with the configuration. With that in mind, the best way is to handle this is set up a fresh test tenant as full copy from the production tenant, so that the data is recent, and afterwards copy the solution profile.
First Implementation project, Project status is Tested, Close Project, Tested status, First Implementation Project in Test tenant , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To