- On SAP NW 7.4 / 7.5x systems running SAP ASE 160 SP03 PL0x: CUDF functions are not found and/or CDS views cannot be activated.
- This problem maybe seen on :
- new installations installed via SWPM and updated using SUM soonafter
- new installations installed via Homogeneous System Copy
- existing installations after a SUM upgrade and/or SPAM update and/or ASE upgrade
- Errors are reported during SUM or after SUM/SPAM/ASE update is completed.
- During SUM upgrade phase: PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_16UPGRADE or PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_1603UPGRADE
EXECUTING /usr/sap/PG1/update/SUM/abap/bin/SAPuptool execdb ../var/SYB_CHECKCUDF.TSQL
Logging to '/usr/sap/PG1/update/SUM/abap/log/SYB_CHECKCUDF.LOG'
1EETQ008 Error message: DBSL error 99 (db code 14216):
1EETQ009X[ASE Error SQL14216]Function 'CUDF_VERSION' not found. If this is a
1EETQ009XSQLJ function or SQL function, use sp_help to check whether the object
1EETQ009Xexists (sp_help may produce a large amount of output).
1EETQ003 exit code: "20"
SAPup> Process with PID 17744 terminated with status 20 at 20200130170216!
- During SUM pre-processing phase: EU_CLONE_CRE_SHDVIEWS
[ASE Error SQL11021][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Function ROUND invoked with wrong number or type of argument(s).
[ASE Error SQL14216]Function 'SAP_CONCAT' not found. If this is a SQLJ function or SQL function, use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce a large amount of output).
- After SUM has completed, at the end of the SUM process, file LONGPOST.LOG reports an error in the RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE phase, like in this sample:
### CURRENT PHASE: RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE
1PEPU203X--> Messages extracted from log file "RUTDDLSCREATE.DG1" <(><<)>--
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "DEMO_CDS_SQL_FUNCTIONS" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SADL_SB_AUNIT_SFLIGHT" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SEPM_P_ADDRESS" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SEPM_P_ADDRESSHELPER" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SEPM_P_CONTACTPERSON" could not be activated" "
A1PEDDLS 047X"5" DDL views could not be generated
- When the system tries to regenerate any of these views, below errors are displayed:
[ASE Error SQL14217][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]
SQL function not found. If you are attempting to call a java UDF, Java
services are not enabled.
DDL Time(___1): .........3 milliseconds
The SQL statement was not executed
Statements for View <CDS_VIEW_NAME> could not be executed
Request for <CDS_VIEW_NAME> could not be executed
[ASE Error SQL14216][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]
Function '<FUNCTION_NAME>' not found. If this is a SQLJ function or SQL function, use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce a large amount of output).
- The views cannot be activated due to missing CUDF functions. The functions are not present on the database when checked via t-code SE11 or via isql.
- Missing functions include: 'SAP_CONCAT', 'CURRENCY_CONVERSION', 'DATS_IS_VALID', 'TSTMP_ADD_SECONDS', 'CUDF_VERSION'
- Error messages include: SQL14217, SQL14216, SQL3701, SQL11021, SQL208
- When executing report RUTDDLSACT for any of the views, below error is reported:
DROP VIEW '<CDS_VIEW_NAME>'
[ASE Error SQL3701][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]
Cannot drop the view '<CDS_VIEW_NAME>', because it doesn't exist in the system catalogs.
- For missing CDS objects result in ABAP short dumps in CL_DD_DB_VIEW_SYB, see SAP KBA 2736522
- For SUM upgrade failures where CDS objects cannot be rebuilt due to missing CUDF script (Error: cudf create script was not found), see SAP KBA 2734034.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) 7.4, 7.5x
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 7.0
- SL Toolset - SUM SPAM latest SP
SQL14217, 14217, SQL3701, 3701, SQL14216, 14216, SUM, SAP_CONCAT, DATS_IS_VALID, missing, views, activation, RUTDDLSACT, RUTDDLSCREATE, SETUP_CUDFS, saphostctrl, CDS, 'CURRENCY_CONVERSION', 'TSTMP_ADD_SECONDS', inactive, CUDF, functions, SQL11021, SQL208, PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_16UPGRADE, PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_1603UPGRADE, EU_CLONE_CRE_SHDVIEWS , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.