- In SM50/SM66 some work processes are waiting for locks, showing STOP/ON HOLD status with reason ENQ and program SAPLSENA.
- Error "Operating system call recv failed" and "ENQ ... Q47 connection errors have occurred in succession" might appear at the system log (transaction SM21)
- Exception CONNECT_TO_ENQ_SERVER_FAILED is occurring in ST22 (RAISE_EXCEPTION shortdump)
- The following (or similar) entries are observed at the "dev_enqio_<IO thread number>" or "dev_enqlisten" trace files:
[Thr <number>] *** ERROR => NiCreateHandle: no more free handles (XXXX)
[Thr <number>] *** ERROR => NiIAccept: NiCreateHandle (rc=-8)
[Thr <number>] SiSelEPAdd: maximum of sockets reached (<connections>)
[Thr <number>] *** ERROR => NiBufISelUpdate: set failed for hdl 5763 set1; maxSockets reached (<connections>)
- System is hanging with poor performance and high response times.
- The Standalone Enqueue server is slow, most enqueue requests were delayed.
- SAP NetWeaver
- Client/Server Technology - Standalone Enqueue Server (ENSA)
- SAP Web Application Server for SAP S/4 HANA
- ABAP PLATFORM - Application Server ABAP
ASCS, Standalone, Enqueue Server, ENSA, SCS, Stand alone, ENQ, no more free handles, maximum of sockets reached, enque/server/max_clients, enque/server/threadcount, enque/server/replication , KBA , BC-CST-EQ , Enqueue , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.