This article provides information on how to configure SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management permissions for Position/Role-person Nomination Method in Role-Based Permissions (RBP).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
There are three possible configuration scenarios under which an instance might be configured for Succession Management:
- Position/Role-person nomination method + Legacy Permissions;
- Position/Role-person nomination method + RBP Permissions;
- MDF Position nomination method + RBP permissions.
For each scenario, there are specific differences when configuring Succession Permissions, but they share the same core Permissions. Two of these permissions require a target population to be set, and the other three permissions simply define whether a tool will be available or not for a user.
In this KBA, configurations required for Position/Role-person nomination method and RBP Permissions will be explained. For more information about the other possible scenarios, please refer to the references section on the bottom of this article.
Succession Management permissions description
- Succession Management and Matrix Report Permissions (requires a target population)
Defines for a specific user the population which:
- Will show up in a 9 box or matrix report;
- Will show icons and succession data in the Succession Org Chart;
- Will be included in the pool of people the user can find in a talent search.
- Succession Planning Permission (requires a target population)
This permission controls which incumbents you can assign successors for. This does not control the pool of candidates/successors, only which people you are replacing.
- Succession Org Chart Permission
This permission is used to grant or to revoke the access to the Succession Org Chart tab.
- Talent Search Access
This permission is used to grant or to revoke access to the Talent Search tab.
- Matrix Report Permission
This permission is used to grant or to revoke the access to the Performance-Potential Matrix and Objective-Competency Matrix report (9-box).
Position/Role-person nomination method + RBP
For full information on how to set up Permission Groups and Permissions Roles, access the Role-Based Permissions Administration Guide.
- Admin Tools > Set User Permission > Manage Permission Roles;
- Create/Edit the desired Role;
- Click “Permission…”
- Within the same Permission Role, it is possible to set all Succession Permissions, both the ones requiring a Target Population and those who do not require it:
- Verify the Permissions that require a Target Population to be set, by checking if that specific permission holds a “†” character next to it.
- After selecting the desired permissions on this page, click Done;
- Scroll down the page to set the Target Population of this role. Here select to who this Permission will be given (in this example, to the group “Succession Administrators”) and the Target Population this group will have for the selected permission – for whom they will be able to nominate successors for or for which persons they will be able to see Succession Data in the Succession Org Chart, etc:
SF, Success Factors, Succession Management, Permissions, RBP, Position, Role Person Nomination , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , LOD-SF-SCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , How To