You are trying to run MRP or manually creating a New Planning proposal for a product and planning area combination, when you receive the error message:
Production model for Product ID ABC (ABC refers to the Product ID) on Date DD.MM.YYYY for quantity XXX (XXX refers to the number of Quantity) not found.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Open Advanced Filter and enter the relevant Product ID and Supply Planning Area.
- Click on Open.
- In the Product Planning Details screen, you click on the Run Planning button, and select either the option Single or Multi-Level BoM (or you select the New Planning Proposal button).
- Then you encounter the error message: Production model for Product ID on Date for quantity not found.
Note: When you create the Planning proposal manually by using the New Planning Proposal button, the error will appear after you enter Quantity and Date.
You have set the quantity of the Maximum Lot Size as Y (Y equals 10,000 ea for example) in your Release Planning Model (RPM), but you are trying to run planning for a quantity X (X equals 10,001 ea for example) which is more than the maximum lot size Y.
Note : The same logic applies for Minimum Lot Size as well where the planning quantity should not be less than the maintained value.
Also note that the system behaves in this manner when the planning procedure in the Material Master is Manual Planning or Empty. The behavior will change based on the Lot-Sizing Method used in planning procedure Demand-Driven Planning or Consumption-Based Planning on case to case basis.
Please change the maximum lot size in your Production Model and release it for planning and execution by following the below steps.
- Go to the Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Select the Production Model view.
- Find and select the relevant production model.
- Click on Edit.
- In the Production Model screen, go to the General tab.
- Here change the Maximum Lot Size to a quantity as per your requirement.
- Choose Release Production Model drop down and then select For Planning and Execution.
Note: If you use new planning proposal button, then enter quantity less than maximum lot size or quantity more than minimum lot size as a temporary work-around.
1975103 - Error in Planning Run: "Production model for <Product ID / Panning Area> on DD.MM.YYYY for quantity X not found"
Creation of all receipts not possible, Material specification in planning area planned with failures , KBA , AP-SDM-MRP , Material Requirements Planning , AP-SDM-MSD , Material Supply and Demand View , How To