SAP ASE database server runs out of LOCKS and the application reports a message similar to:
[ASE Error SQL1204] ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
- The appearance that the entire application and server are down. Or that ASE is hung.
- On SAP systems, work processes terminate with ST22 short dumps referencing SQL1204 errors
- The ASE configuration parameter "number of locks" has been increased multiple times (as suggested in SAP KBA 1884542) but ASE continues to run out of locks.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
"number of locks", lock_count, "Resource Governor", hung, SQL1204, 1204, CR778145, CR#778145, 778145, resource limit, "lock count limit" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.