When a user creates a second or new version of an offer letter after it has been rejected, some fields of the offer detail are being deleted and appear as blank.
- Why are some fields getting deleted?
- Is there a functionality within the system to prevent offer approval fields from being deleted when a second/new version is created?
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an offer and fill all necessary fields.
- Reject offer.
- Edit rejected offer.
- Some of the fields contents disappear in edited offer.
- The standard behavior for offer approval field is for them to be linked to job requisitions or application fields. When those fields are updated in the job requisition or application, the offer would be updated.
- However some customers reported that they have their offer field as standalone. Therefore there should be a link of the application or job requisition.
- Since the standard behavior was to be linked, whenever a "configured standalone field" is updated, the value in the application or job requisition that matches the field is copied
- If those fields are not used as linked, there will be no data to copy there and the offer field would be populated with an empty value.
- This would be triggered when the user creates a new offer approval version.
- To correct this issue, a switch has been created that gives administrators the ability to disable the standard functionality.
- To enable this functionality, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Recruiting Settings.
- Check the box for "Do not pull updated job application and job requisition field data on the offer approval when an offer approval is edited or a new version is created" option.
- Using this switch will allow the customer to disable the ability to use the offer field as a standalone field.
Offer detail, edit, deleted fields, rejected, approval edited, new version created, standalone , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem