You are trying to migrate Material Valuation Data but it fails due to the error message: 'Cost of type Inventory Cost must be valid from first day of period'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Integrate and Extend phase.
- Search and open the Migration of Material Valuation Data activity.
- Select Migrate material valuation data using the migration tool link.
- Highlight the file and select Execute Migration button.
- Error comes up in step 3 - Simulate Import.
You are trying to migrate Inventory Cost and for which the validity you chose is not from the first day of the accounting period.
The following restrictions apply for manual creation as well as data migration:
- Restriction for Inventory Cost cost type is that the Valid From date must be the first day of an accounting period.
- Restriction for Book Value cost type is that the Valid From date must be the first day of an accounting period.
- Restriction for Estimated Cost cost & Planned cost type is that the Valid From date can be any date after the first day of an accounting period.
inventory cost; first day; material valuation data; migration , KBA , inventory cost , first day , material valuation data , migration , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To