The "People Search" or "Action Search" is not available in your instance.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to home page;
- Check the People/Action Search on the header of the instance:
This missing functionality may be caused due to the following:
- User Directory is disabled for your instance. "People Search" uses the Directory as a mechanism to find the users in your instance, if it is disabled then People Search will not be available for any user;
- The user does not have the necessary permissions.
First, it is necessary to verify if User Directory is enabled in your instance. To do so, please follow below steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Company Settings > Platform Feature Settings;
- Enable the option "User Directory".
Once this feature is enabled, users must have the following permissions enabled:
- Go to Admin Center > Update User Permission> Manage Permission Roles;
- Select the desired permission role;
- Click "Permission";
- Under "General User Permission", select the permissions "Company Info Access" and "User Search".
People Search, Action Search , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions