This document elaborates SAP strategy which is in place to provide you with a more holistic usage and flexibility for Scanners/Rugged Devices.
In order to provide you with a more holistic usage and flexibility for scanners/rugged devices, a Partner based strategy is strictly recommended by SAP. There are various out-of-the-box web-services already provided which could be used by your implementation partners to provide mobile or scanner interfaces as per your business needs. These web-services can be accessed by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Navigate to Input and Output Management view and choose the Service Explorer sub-view.
Below are the names of a few webservices which could be used for your enhancements:
- Query Site Logistics Tasks: To support query on task types such as Inbound - Unload, Put-away, Outbound - Pick, Load & Internal - Replenishment, Removal.
- Manage Site Logistics Tasks: To support Inbound - Unload, Put-away, Outbound - Pick, Load & Internal - Replenishment, Removal confirmations.
- Query Production Lots: To support query on production lot based on following parameters: Production Lot ID, Production Request ID, Production Order ID, Output Product ID, Site ID, Lifecycle Status.
- Manage Production Lots: To support confirmation of production tasks such as Make and Supply.
- Create Goods and Activity Confirmations for Goods Movements: To support ad-hoc Goods Movement within a site.
- Create Goods and Activity Confirmations: To provide the ability to scrap the inventory items from the specified logistics area within a site via a webservice.
- Manage Logistics Layout Execution: To support creation of new Replenishment and Removal tasks.
Please note that the scanner functionality in Business ByDesign currently offers a limited enablement scope (for the existing customers only), mentioned as follows:
- Support for a very limited set of scanner devices which are mentioned below:
- Microsoft® Windows® Mobile 6.1
- Intermec® CK3 and CN3.
- Motorola® MC9090, MC55 and MC70 Enterprise Digital Assistant.
- Microsoft® Windows® Mobile 6.5
Since webservice enablement is readily available, further enhancements of functional and performance topics can only be performed with the help of your partners. SAP will continue to maintain the current available scope and resolve any bugs that are detected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Barcode, Scanner, Label, Brand, Web Services , KBA , scanner devices , SRD-FIN-AU , Auditor Workcenter , AP-PE , Production , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , AP-SLP , Site Logistics Processing , How To