You created a sales order via web service and found the postal code in the account address is wrong, but you are not able to change the address any more. However, if the sales order is created manually, then the address can be modified after save.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Open the sales order ABC. (ABC represents the ID of a sales order).
- Notice that the Origin is Internet. This is a order created via web service.
- Open the Address Details hyperlink under the account, you cannot edit the address, all the fields are grayed out.
- However, if you open another order with Origin as Manual Entry, the address details can be changed.
When creating a Sales Order via the web service (Origin Internet), the address data cannot be changed.
An address that is maintained via the web-service becomes a document address, that is, an address that is valid only for that sales order document. An address in a document cannot be changed, but a new one can be created which will overwrite the previous document address. This would be mean that if the customer wants to change, for example, an email ID, the customer would have to read all information present in the current address and send it back along with the new email ID as an update request.
This is also mentioned in secondary help document.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Service Explorer view.
- Select the web service ManageSalesOrderIn
- Click on the Link for Documentation
You can see the details in the section Child Node – Address
You will need to send an update request via the web service in order to change the address details.
Sales Order; Internet; Origin; Address; Read Only; Web Service; Change , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To