- Any Job which should Generate an EC Email notification fails when you Submit the Request.
- The Job will specifically relate to an MDF Object E.G Time off,
- Examples include requests which require a workflow, delegation of Workflows, CC_email notifications.
- By removing the Workflow it is possible to submit the action.
- The customer will most likely use the system predominantly in a language that is not en_US.
- Specifically they will have default language set to a language other than en_US and will have configured the system in this language.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- In manage time off schedule a time off request for a user.
- the time type for the request should have a workflow with a email notification attached to it.
- Click Submit.
- Application error appears
- At workflow approval screen select "Delegate Workflow"
- Select the user you wish to delegate the workflow to.
- Click Submit
- application error appears
Currently MDF does not support languages other than en_US.
If an email notification template is not enabled in en_US, when the the user tries to submit a workflow/workflow delegation request, or any request which triggers the sending of an Employee Central E-mail and is related to MDF Objects, the system will first try to find the en_US template and if this is not available the job will fail.
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Email notification template settings.
- Select each Employee Central email notification template.
- Select langauge en_US.
- Click on Save Changes in the email template editor, without having neccessarily made any changes.
MDF, Workflow, Email notifications, application error message, lanaguage, translation, en_US, MDF Object , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Problem