How to enable user class request notification via the ApmUserRequestedSONotification
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
When users cannot find a scheduled offering that they need, they can request it which tells learning administrators that they have a user who needs to take a course, but it is not scheduled for a time that the user can attend.
The administrators can look at the requests and decide to add a scheduled offering for the course. When administrators add a scheduled offering for a course that users have requested, the Requested Class Availability Email Notification Automatic Process Manager (APM) notifies users that their request has been met.
Schedule the APM, by navigating to System Administration > Automatic Process > Requested Class Availability Email Notification (prior aka User Requested Offering Notification)
Please notice that the admin role should have the permission 'Edit Requested Class Availability Email Notification Automatic Process’ to be able to see this APM which is under System Administration permissions group.
When the Requested Class Availability Email Notification APM runs, it looks for:
- New learning offerings that have been added to the catalogs of users who have made requests.
- The start date of the offerings that have been added: are they before the need by date of the request. The need by date is the date that the user needs to take the course: it is the user's deadline. So the APM looks to see if the offering helps users meet their deadline.
- The offerings are in the users' geographic regions. Some companies do not use regions. If the user does not have a region including N/A, the APM skips this step and does not send the user notification (to ensure user has a region proxy as the user and navigate to Options and Settings to set a region).
- In addition to the above point this will also apply if using Facilities when creating scheduled offerings. Please see KBA - 2333710 for details.
- The APM looks for regions so that the offering is close to the user. Users submit requests because they do not have travel budget and so they need an offering that meets their deadline in their region.
Please note if the class region or facility changes and the user has a submitted class request, then the users will be informed of this change of class to their region/location.
When a user with a request has offerings that meet the criteria, the APM sends them an email. The email includes the course name (learning item title), it includes the details of the offering, and it provides a link to register for the offering.
sap, sf, lms, successfactors, learning, User Requested Schedule Offering, ApmUserRequestedSONotification, Requested Class Availability Email Notification, region, class, notification, request , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Class - Scheduled Offerings , How To