The Relay Server (RS) has a Relay Server status page that allows the farm and backend server status to be checked when configuring the Relay Server and the Outbound Enabler (RSOE) connections.
In this context the backend is the server we want to connect to when coming through the DMZ and internal firewall, ie, the ML/SUP/SMP/Afaria server that the RSOE is connected to.
This is the typical RS URL
- v17: http://MyHost:80/rs17/server/rs.dll
- < v17: http://MyHost:80/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll
These parameters can be appended to the RS status URL
- ias-rs-farm - (The farm name defined in the rs.config file)
- ias-rs-server - (The backend server id defined for the farm name in the rs.config file)
This screenshot shows a positive result connecting to the backend server
The green available status indicates that the communication is open from the relay server through the internal firewall and outbound enabler to the backend server connection details provided.
- When it starts, the outbound enabler does a port open/port close call against the connection port # supplied in the -cs switch to see if its active and listening. It does not validate anything beyond that.
- The relay server status URL does an empty GET to the backend to confirm the UP/DN channels are open.
This test is primarily to confirm the communication UP/DN channels are open through the firewall and that the rs.config and outbound enabler relationships are configured correctly. If your client application uses the RS URL and doesn't get a valid response, make sure that outbound enabler connection to the backend is correct, ie the correct HTTP(S) port.
- Sybase Unwired Platform
- SAP Mobile Platform
KBA , BC-SYB-RS , Relay Server , MOB-SUP-RT , SUP Runtime , MOB-ONP , SAP Mobile Platform on Premise , XX-AMS-MOB-SUP , Application Mgmt Mob. SAPSybase Unwired Platform + Relay Ser , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.