- How to add the Objective Portlet in People Profile
- Creating goals or objectives from the Objective Portlet
- Setting permissions for the Objective Portlet to use with Goal Management
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
In People Profile, there is an option for configuring an Objectives block which shows user’s objectives and also allows users to edit or create objectives directly from the People Profile:
In this portlet you can also:
- Select which of the available Goal Plans you want to view;
- Click the “See More” link to expand the portlet and display details for each goal;
- Create a new Goal;
- Edit/Delete an existing Goal;
Objectives Plan template permissions
- The Actions a user can take on the Objectives through the People Profile are controlled by the permission definition in the Objective Plan template.
- The visibility of objectives respect the permission definition in the Objective Plan template.
How to Configure the Objectives block in People Profile
As a first step, grant permissions for the employees that should be able to view/edit this block:
- Go to Admin Center > Set User Permission > Manage Permission Roles > click the permission role you want to change.
- Click on "Permission…" > select the "Employee Data" tab > look for the “Objective Portlet” in the background elements section > enable View/Edit permissions.
- Save the changes.
- If you are not able to find the "Objective Portlet" in the background elements section, the portlet either has another label (should be a similar label) or it has not yet been configured for your instance. If this is the case, please engage a Partner to configure the portlet as needed.
- Metric LookUp Table fields are not supported within this portlet.
After completing the first item, add the Objectives block in the People Profile:
- Go to Admin Center > Employee Files > Configure People Profile.
- In the list of Available Blocks, you will find the “Objective” block. To add it to the People Profile, you can simply drag it to an existing section of the People Profile.
- Then, you need to click “Add Template” and select the desired Goal Plan Template. You can add only one or more templates.
- Optionally, you can define a Title and Description for the block.
- Save the changes.
Finally, configure which fields from the Objectives Plan that should appear in the portlet.
- Go to Admin Center > Goal Management > Manage Templates.
- Select the template you configured in the People Profile portlet.
- Click on "Edit Fields" > for each field, you can check the option “Show in People Profile Block” if you would like the field to appear in the People Profile Block.
- Save the template.
You should now be able to see the Objectives block working properly.
KBA 2149831 - SAP Professional Services / SAP Certified Partner / SAP Account Management Team [SuccessFactors Cloud]
SuccessFacors, Success Factors, SF, PMGM, GM, Goals, Objectives, Goal, Objective, Employee Profile, EP, portlet, background element, data model , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-POD , Home Page, Pods and Portlets, To Do List , How To