Modified the RUN_server file adding comments after some of the items entered - and now the server will not boot correctly.
It could be required to modify the RUN_ServerName file used to start the Adaptive server for purpose like the following :
- Add traces to debug server
- Change the location of the errorlog
- Change the name of the server to use another entry in the interface file
In this situation, it is useful to add comment in the file to kee traces of the modification. It could also be usefull to replace the original line by a new one, and to comment the old one without modification.
After changing the file and after adding comments, the ASE server can refuse to start, or it can start with a hieratic behavior like:
- Not use the right Server Name
- Unable to use the right configuration parameter
- Unable to boot because it doesn't find the right information.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
ASE, RUN_FILE, startserver, modify, RUNfile, comment, hash, pound sign , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.