The value of the Tax Exchange Rate and the Exchange Rate in a Journal Entry are different for the same Customer Invoice. This is valid also for other Source Documents.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Genernal Ledger Work Center.
- Go to the Journal Entries Sub View.
- Find the relevant Journal Entry and open it.
- Go to the Journal Entry tab.
You find that the Exchange Rate and the Tax Exchange Rate are different for the Line Items for the same Source Document.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search for Currency Conversion Profiles.
Here you can set the Exchange Rate for the Customer Invoice. This is based on a certain Posting Date.
The Tax Exchange Rate is based on the Exchange rate on the Tax Date in the Source Document. You changed the Exchange Rate on the Posting Date in the system. This caused the different value in the Journal Entry for the Tax Exchange Rate.
This is the expected System Behavior.
Tax Exchange Rate; Exchange Rate; Journal Entry; Customer Invoice; Source Document , KBA , exchange rate , differences from exchange rate fluctuati , tax difference , customer invoice , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To