- New functionality is introduced in BI 4.1 Support Pack 05, adding the command line parameter "-Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue" in the Adaptive Processing Server hosting the DSL Bridge service.
- With this setting, we can use "Selection Option variables" from BEx queries as a List of Values instead of a Range in Web Intelligence. This works fine in BI 4.1 SP 05 and related Patches.
- In BI 4.1 Support Pack 06 and above patches, "Selection Option variables" still appear as a Range instead of Input Prompt or Multi-Value prompt in Webi Intelligence reports when using the above command line parameter.
- In SP06, it appears options specified via the Java command-line parameters in DSL bridge service are no longer taking effect in Web Intelligence.
- The same issue is observed in Web Intelligence Rich client.(Making changes in windows registry does not help as well.)
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- Support Pack 06
- Web Intelligence
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
webi, selection option, selection option variable, input prompt, multi value prompt, manual prompt entry, variable, range, multivalue, -Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping, -Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue, variableComplexSelectionMapping, 4.1 SP 6, 4.1, DSL, variable, bex variable , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.