When selecting the Campaign URL Builder on a particular requisition under the actions dropdown, the user either:
- Gets redirected to the Home Page instead of reaching the expected Campaign URL Builder tab of the Source Tracker page
- Gets the error message : Could not open app. Try again later.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Important note: Marketing Central reached end of development and end of maintence on November 20, 2020 and was deleted on November 19, 2021.
We replaced Market Job with Campaign URL Builder. This update changes how you create campaign tracking links for job requisitions.
For more information, see 2527347 - Deprecation of Marketing Central - Recruiting Marketing.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Posting
Reproducing the Issue
- You are logged as the user (with Recruiting Permissions)
- For the chosen requisition, select the Action > Campaign URL Builder
- You are redirected to either the BizX Home Page or you get the message below:
The main causes for this behaviour are:
- The job is not posted externally:
The feature will only work for requisitions that are posted externally and publicly. This means External Private Postings or Internal postings cannot be used.
- The job was not imported into the RMK backend:
Though there might be an issue with the system which support might need to investigate for you, there are a number of things you can check first to ensure the issue is not caused by your configuration.
- Security Key is changed:
A change in the Security Key field either in CSB or in Provisioning alone, causing the synchronization between Recruiting Marketing and Recruiting Management to be affected.
- A frequent issue causing this is that the user does not have an email address populated in the system.
- Recruiter Sync is not enabled.
The job is not posted externally:
Make sure to post the job externally (E)
The job was not imported into the RMK backend:
The main points to check before creating an incident with support:
- Make sure that the required fields for RMK are mapped in admin center to allows RMK to know which information to pick up in the requisition
- Make sure the said fields are actually populated in the requisition. These are : External Title, External Job Description, City and Country.
- Make sure that the Recruiters has "Job Marketing Permission".
These points are outlined in the following article : 2292809 - Jobs are not posting using Real Time Job Sync - Recruiting Marketing
- Make sure the job size is not loo large as this will cause the import to fail. To avoid this, embedded images must not be included in the job description. What is more, word should not be used to prepare the description before pasting into the editor as it may contain some additional formatting. Instead, use notepad before pasting into the editor.
If you have checked these points and could not correct the issue, then please create an incident, making sure to provide the requisition numbers and affected user or users so we may check for you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you post a job in several languages in RCM, this will create as many jobs in RMK, one for each language. ALL jobs must be imported into RMK for the market job feature to work! If one is missing, probably for the reasons outlined above, an error will be obtained.
Security Key is changed:
The Security Key in CSB and Provisioning needs to be the same, matching exactly the values between both portals in order to ensure Recruiting Marketing is properly synchronized with Recruiting Management.
Considering this scenario, the solution for this issue is to check and update the key if required.
- Copy the current Security Key defined in CSB (Settings / Site Configuration/ SSO Security Key)
- Paste the Security Key value in Provisioning (Provisioning > Recruiting Marketing Settings > Security Key) > only accessible to Implementation partners, Support and Professional Services
- After the above operation is performed, "Campaign URL Builder" will be working again.
A frequent issue causing this is that the user does not have an email address populated in the system:
see SAP Knowledge Base Article 2430188
Check in Employee export and in the User profile if the user has set an email.
Recruiter Sync is not enabled
Please ask you Implementation Partner or Professional Services consultant to enable Recruiter Sync by accessing Career Site Builder through Command Center.
cannot Market Job, Could not open app. Try again later, marketing, error, Recruiting Marketing, Missing email , KBA , could not open app. try again later. , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , Problem