Your production order has the product specification XYZ assigned to the output product. However, you see that the specification XYZ is assigned to a few of the input products in the production order also. You want to know how this has happened.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Production Control work center.
- Navigate to the Production Orders view.
- Search for the relevant production order and choose the Edit button.
- Navigate to the Products tab, under the Input Product sub-tab you can see that a few of the input products have product specification XYZ assigned to them.
The system will automatically assign product specification of the output product to input products also. However, for the system to assign product specification of the output product to the available input product the below condition should be met.
- In master data of the input product, the Identified Stock Type field value should be selected as either Mandatory Specified Stock or Optional Specified Stock.
The system is working as designed.
KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To