- What is an index/re-index?
- In what situations should an index/re-index be used?
- How to request an instance index/re-index in Recruiting Management
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
Note: The initial index is no longer required as once the RCM module is enabled, the index is automatically created.
Changes to the Candidate Profile:
- Uploading the Candidate profile XML or changing it does not require a instance reindex.
- Changes to the candidate profile will rarely require a re-indexing of the search index.
- Only the following changes to the candidate profile template may require a re-index:
- After an import of new candidates thru legacy import (Check KB article 2279481 for more detail)
- Changing the field type of a field (Not recommended)
- Issues with the search tab or search results. (Product Support can validate if the reindex is necessary)
IMPORTANT: Changing the field type of a field is not recommended for live customers, as it can cause application errors on existing records, storing data that does not match the new field type.
How to request an re-index:
In order to request a re-index, please open a Support Incident with the following MANDATORY information:
- Company ID
- Data Center
- Reason for the request
If this information is not provided, the support Team is not able proceed with the request.
KB article 2279481 - Candidate imported via Legacy Data Migration but is not visible in the system - RCM
re build, rebuild, instance index, RCM, SF, Success Factors