"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- How to transfer Direct Reports When Manager is promoted to New Position?
- SAP SuccessFactors HMC Cloud
- Employee Central
- Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
- When a people manager is being promoted to new position but there is no change to reporting lines, all his Direct Reports stay with old position
- HR Admins have to manually change reporting lines for all his Direct Reports.
- This process can be time consuming to associate all of the direct reports to a new manager
The Behavior of transfering direct Reports to another Manager (User) in the system can be based on two aspects (depending on configuration):
- Leading Hierarchy
- Position Type
Trigger Change Based on Position Type
The default values are as follows:
- For default position type RP (Regular Position)
- For default position type SP (Shared Position)
There are three (3) different options on the Position where direct reports can be transferred to a new manager/Supervisor should one leave and a position is left without an incumbent
- They can be transferred to a Manager/Supervisor on a Higher Level Position above the previous Manager/Supervisor (now empty position)
- They can be transferred to the next Manager/Supervisor (or peer manager) on a Leaving Position If Available
- They can be left with no Manager/Supervisor
Based on the above example, this allows the system to trigger a transfer of direct reports to any Position Type.
- Under Admin Center -> Manage Data -> Position Type -> Choose position
- For “To whom shall the direct reports report if the manager leaves the position?” field > Choose action that the system will trigger
Enable The System to Search for an Existing position in Position Reclassificiation
- Go to the Admin Center > Position Management Settings
- Navigate to the Synchronization tab.
- In the Search for Position in Position Reclassification field, select Yes.
Enable The System to Search for a Position in Position Transfer:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Position Management Settings
- Navigate to the Synchronization tab
- Position in Position Transfer field = Yes
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To