- When inserting big5hk string (mixed with double-byte and single-byte) that exceededs the length of the column via driver ASEOLEDBProvider, the double-byte character at the end will be half-truncated.
- When inserting character mixed single-byte and double-byte, e.g. "院舍職員(扶康會扶康成員)" and the column type is varchar(20), then:
- If we insert the string with isql, string will be truncated as "院舍職員(扶康會扶康" with no issue.
- If we insert the string with OLEDB by using the package "SybaseTest2.zip" attached in this incident, it will be truncated as "院舍職員(扶康會扶康成?" with error.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enteprise (ASE) 15.7 SP101 and higher.
- SAP Software Developer Kit (SDK) 220.127.116.110 and higher.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
big5hk, grabled form, 791898, CR791898 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.