Error occurs When you try to save a Customer Invoice: Saving not possible; document numbering rule missing for .
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will use the document Type Invoice as an example but the issue can also occur for Credit Memo or Down Payments:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search and open customer invoice XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Save the customer invoice.
- Error occurs: Saving not possible; document numbering rule missing for .
You need to ensure that you create a valid document numbering rule for the Company of the Seller Party and the Tax Country.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select and choose View button.
- Depending on the Tax Country of the invoice click on the hyperlink Define document numbering formats for ABC (ABC represents either India, France and Italy or Other countries).
- Filter for the available rules for your Company ID (which is the seller company of the invoice XYZ).
- You need to ensure that a valid rule is maintained for the respective Tax Country and Document Type.
Please see also the following related KBA's for this error message:
2698432 - Cannot Save an Invoice Document Because of Error "Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC"
1845478 - You are not Able to Release a Customer Invoice, an Error Message Occurs:"Save not possible,document numbering rule missing for"
3145266 - Missing Expected Customer Invoice Rule
3027676 - Numbering Rule Missing Error When No Rule is Expected for Customer Invoice
Customer Invioce; Document Numbering Rule; Error; missing; Credit Memo; Down Payment; Invoicing , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To