You are creating a Sales Order via A2X or e-commerce and the product description of the line items is not determined.
“Image/Data is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.”
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to your system in the respective logon language e.g. German.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID).
- You can see that the description is not visible for product ABC (ABC represents the product ID).
- Open product ABC.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- You can see that description is maintained.
- Select the Other languages subtab.
- You can see that the language English is not maintained for the product description.
Unless a preferred communication language is maintained in the account master data, the product description in a Sales Order is always determined by the logon language. When you create a Sales Order via A2X or e-commerce and you are providing no logon language, the system will use the logon language of the technical user which is by default always EN. If no product description in EN is maintained in the product master data, the system will not determine any description.
Regarding preferred communication langugage maintained in the account master data, please refer to 'KBA 1284582 - Item Product Description is Missing in your Sales Document such as Sales Order or Service Order Although Maintained in the Product Master Data'.
You can pass the language in the SOAP UI by entering the respective value in the accept-language header element e.g. DE.
Sales Order; Product Description; Webservice , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To