If Suppress is set to true by formula in Crystal Reports, the content is hidden but an empty spaceholder remains in the report.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
- Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create report with multiple pages
- Insert some items to the page footer
- In section expert, set true in formula for Suppress
- Preview the report
- Observe that the contents are invisible however a placeholder or margin remains at the bottom of the footer
This is the normal behaviour of Crystal Reports. The placeholder is kept for stability reasons.
- If you would like to suppress the Page Footer use the Suppress checkbox in Section Expert
- Use the Page Footer if you would like to show something at the end of each page, and the Report Footer if you would like to show something only at the bottom of the last page
CR Crystal Reports suppress formula margin empty placeholder , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem