In BPA/CPS environments with high volume of jobs, a growth in the HistoryJob and HistoryJobParameter tables can cause the following symptoms:
- CPS/BPA housekeeping job System_Aggregate_HistoryJob can be seen to be running for a long time, many hours/days or is in ERROR status.
- Reduced performance of SAP CPS/BPA application.
- System resource utilization is very high
HistoryJob and HistoryJobParameter tables
- Maintaining a healthy volume of Jobs is critical to ensure optimal performance of the CPS/BPA application.
- Retention policies (Keep Clauses) should be defined for each job definition where possible.
- Statistical data about old jobs can exist long after the jobs themselves have been deleted from the CPS/BPA system.
- This job history statistical data is stored in the tables: HistoryJob and HistoryJobParameter (Database: JCS_HISTORYJOB0 and JCS_HISJOBPARAM0)
- These tables hold data about old jobs, used in the Scorecard, the 'App Server load balancing' option and Redwood Intelligence module.
This issue can occur in the below versions of SAP CPS and SAP BPA:
- SAP CPS by Redwood version 8 (M33.x)
- SAP BPA by Redwood version 9 (9.0.x.x)
- Running on SAP Netweaver Java 7.x and higher.
CPS, BPA, Redwood, HistoryJob, HistoryJobParameter, System_Aggregate_History, JCS_JOB0, JCS_JOBPARAMETER0, monitorUpdateInterval, statistical data, Scorecard, 'App. Server load balancing' option, Redwood Intelligence , KBA , XX-PART-REDWOOD-BPA , SAP Business Process Automation by Redwood , XX-PART-REDWOOD-CPS , SAP Central Process Scheduling by Redwood , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.