- Is it possible to change the labels or translations for Gender values?
- The customer requirement is to change the labels of the Gender picklist or maintain them in a different language.
- The picklist labels were changed in Picklist Center, but it had no effect over the dropdown values.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- As of now it is not possible because the gender values are delivered as a type enum for gender field, and the flexibility available for picklist is not present.
- Do not configure the Gender field as a picklist.
- Gender is a hard-coded picklist and cannot be updated by the end-user. You may check all pre-delivered values in Data Object Tables in Employee Central.
- For external user integration in Learning, set this to not mandatory.
- The list of values is system-defined and can only be enabled by the admin using the Upgrade Center.
Possible values are:
2093276 - Adding 'Unknown' & 'Undeclared' & 'Others' values to Gender drop-down menu - Employee Central
2294642 - Personal Info Import: Gender Values
2321050 - Unable to Maintain Gender in Personal Information Portlet
gender, translation, picklist, labels, female, male, undeclared, picklist center , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , LOD-SF-EC-PER-PRS , Personal Info - Config, Rules, RBP, UI , How To