- Can attachments on a MDF object with the attachment type field be added via Import?
- How to add attachments via Import for the attachments type field in an MDF object?
- An error has occurred while trying to process your request. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
MDF allows us to add attachments to the required MDF Object that has a field of Data type Attachment.
Follow the steps to perform the Import for objects field containing Data type attachments:
- Go to Admin Center
- Import and Export Data page
- Download the template for the required MDF Object which has the Attachment type field, you will get a zip file as shown in the screenshot below
4. In the same zip file, create a new folder and name it attachments.
NOTE: The new folder will only work if it's named attachments. Incorrect spelling of the folder name will prevent the files from loading.
5. Upload all the attachments in this folder which needs to be added on the MDF Object.
In the above screenshot, Rule Testing is the custom MDF Object, that has an Attachment type field.
NOTE: make sure the file have a supported extension as listed in KBA 2447216
6. Fill in the data in the .csv file for the MDF Object and enter the corresponding file name along with the correct extension in the Attachment field as shown in the below screenshot:
7. Save the changes. Verify if the .zip file is updated
8. Go to Import and Export Data page and Import the .zip file.
1) The file name and file extension maintained in Cust_attachments column for MDF Object should be exact same to the files upladed in the attachment folder else this may lead to below error.
==>An error has occurred while trying to process your request. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support
2) Also please avoid special special characters while naming file attachments or the main csv file.
3) If you're scheduling the MDF import (FTP) job from provisioning, please make sure that the file is correctly created and placed in the correct folder in SFTP, as defined in Job details.
2277994 - Master KBA on how to Import Data for MDF Objects in SuccessFactors.
2539978 - Exporting attachments from MDF object, is it possible?
MDF, Metadata Framework, import, file attachment, zip file, attachments, import and export data, not a valid attachment file name, MDF Upload , KBA , attachments , mdf, attachments, mdf import , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , How To