How do we enable the Admin Opt-in change?
Future changes of the position hierarchy (that are a result of changes of the position’s parent position or changes of the incumbents of the position's parent position) will be automatically reflected in the supervisor assignment of the employee by a daily recurring background job. This is designed to keep the position hierarchy and the reporting hierarchy in sync
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
When an employee got assigned to a position, the derivation of the employee’s supervisor did not take into account any future changes on position side, e.g. when a position was moved to a different parent position in the future or when the incumbents of the position's parent position were changed in the future.
Now users can make sure that the derivation of the supervisor will also consider such future changes. This will be realized with the help of a daily recurring background job that checks for each employee, who is assigned to a position, if his/her assigned supervisor still matches the position hierarchy. In case reporting line and position hierarchy are not in sync, the system will update the employee’s supervisor assignment accordingly.
- In Provisioning, you have submitted a daily recurring job of type "BizX Daily Rules Processing Batch".
- You’ve chosen “Position Hierarchy” as leading hierarchy at the “Hierarchy Adaptation” tab in the Position Management Settings.
- You’ve enabled “Use Automated Hierarchy Adaptation” at the “Hierarchy Adaptation” tab in the Position Management Settings. The definition of an offset is optional.
Note: After 2211 the hierarchy adaption will be a standalone job, so if you are trying to create this job on 2211 instance please look for Position Management Daily Hierarchy Adaptation job.
- The Daily hierarchy adaption is designed to run every day to keep the hierarchies in sync. If it runs everyday then the hierarchies are always in sync. This job is not designed to fix data in past dates. Any changes made prior to the job being set up will not sync.
- Once this job is enabled:
- Any changes that are made with effective date TODAY, these changes will be synced automatically in the system and not carried out by the job.
- Any changes that are made with a future effective date will be carried out by the job that runs on that effective date.
- Any changes that are made with a past effective date, will be synced in the next run time of the Job. These records created by the sync will have the effective date of the job run date and NOT the effective date of the past dated change.
- There is no way to change this logic whilst the feature is in use.
- The 'Updated By' will be reflected as the Job Executor.
Please Note: if past dated transactions are something that occur regularly in your organization, and you wish the dates of the position change and the job info changes to be in sync, we recommend to not use this feature, due to the points mentioned above.
For further detailed information on this feature please review the handbook: Employee Central Position Management - Automated Daily Hierarchy Adaptation.
ECT-37788, hierarchy adaption, sync, Automated Daily Hierarchy Adaptation, BizX Daily Rules Processing Batch , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem