When trying to search for a user in the SAP SuccessFactors Succession Org Chart, the following error message is generated:
No position found for the selected user. Please contact your system administrator for assistance.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Succession Org Chart
- Search for the user using the People Search.
- The error message is displayed:
This issue can be caused by the following:
- If Employee Central (EC) Position Management is not enabled and the user is not associated to an active position.
- If EC Position Management is enabled and the visibility of the Incumbent field is not configured correctly under Position Object Definition.
- If the incumbent is a contingent worker and 'Hide contingent workers in the Succession Org Chart and Position Tile view' is enabled.
To identify the solution to this issue, you can also refer to the Guided Answer Succession Org Chart – No position found for the selected user.
- If EC Position Management is not enabled, export the Position file (for Legacy Positions: Admin Center > Position Management: Export Positions; for MDF Positions: Admin Center > Import and Export Data) and verify if the user you are trying to search has an active position associated.
- If Employee Central Position Management + MDF Position nomination method is enabled, the visibility of incumbent field should be set to 'Invisible' under Position Object Definition.
- Go to Admin Center.
- Under Company Settings, click on "Configure Object Definition".
- Select Object Definition in first drop-down and then Position in second drop-down.
- Click on Take Action.
- Set the visibility of Incumbent field to "Not Visible".
- If the incumbent is a contingent worker you can verify if "Hide contingent workers in the Succession Org Chart and Position Tile view" is enabled in Org Chart Configuration section of the Admin Center.
Position, Succession Org Chart, Users, SF, Success Factors , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-ORG , Succession Org Chart , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , Problem