- What is PartnerEdge?
- When do we engage Partners?
- What can partners do for us?
- What is the difference between what support will do and partners?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
What is PartnerEdge?
The PartnerEdge network is a large and diverse group of businesses. Each partner determines the types of services they offer SAP customers, so we cannot provide a definitive list of services common to all partners. In general all custom changes that you cannot complete yourself via Admin Tools, can be delivered via a Solution Consultants or our SAP PartnerEdge network.
When do we engage Professional Services or Partners?
- Whenever you have new programs to create, changes to existing programs, or just want experts to do the work for you.
- To engage the SAP SuccessFactors Professional Services team or one of the partners, please reach out to your Sales Account Manager. They will help find the right partner for your project, whether that be from within our SAP Professional Services organization of via the PartenerEdge network.
What can partners do for us?
Partners can basically do just about anything that involves updating existing programs or creation of anything new in your system. It includes but is by no means limited to:
- Support for the entire SuccessFactors product suite.
- Product training for individuals or your entire organization
- Implementing an entire new module, or just adding to existing programs
- Creation of new templates
- Evaluating current programs for design optimization
- Creation of new system fields, and associated permissions
- Creation of new system filter fields to be used throughout the program
- 3 tier custom language changes
- Creation of new workflows and the associated user permissions within forms and programs not supported via admin tools
- Setting up new integrations
- Some partners offer adminstrative services
- Best practice advice
- Consultation services
- Product Demonstration
- Anything you would like assistance with to implement
What is the difference between what support will do and partners?
The type of work that characterizes when you would engage PS/Consultants/Partners. When you have a change that is:
- Creating something new
- A change to existing logic, permissions, fields etc. in existing process or program
- Adding functionality that was not previously part of your program/process
- Optional changes that a customer does not need, but desires
- Multiple changes to multiple templates and programs
- Program integrations
- New go live implementations
Cloud Product Support is typically characterized as "existing program maintenance"...
- Answering How-to questions
- general guidance of feature use (that does not rise to the level of product training). Typically the information is already available within Knowledge Base Articles.
- basic assistance on new features
- break/fix where a product release has impacted the program that we need our product engineers to release a fix for.
- providing a code change to keep the existing program working as-is
- small year-over-year change not possible via admin tools
- adding functionality driven by SAP’s quarterly releases not possible via admin tools, and required by SAP.
- This service is available only to Enterprise customers and their designated primary administrators.
- It is not available to Professional Edition customers.
- It is not available to partners.
- The change process does not cover changes you can make via Admin Tools.
- Is limited to 1 or 2 changes per request.
- When you have multiple changes and multiple templates please engage a solutions consultant.
- Cloud Product Support can take up to 4 weeks to process change requests. Please submit your changes at least 4 weeks in advance.
What can we change ourselves?
- The SuccessFactors business suite has powerful features that enables self-service via your administrators. Be sure to download the latest Admin Guides. Self Service can help you manage your programs to avoid or reduce Professional Services or Partner costs: Admin Guides.
- Think carefully when determining what you will use Self-Service for, versus what might require the assistance of trained professionals. While many small year-over-year changes can be performed by HR admins quickly and easily, and while our application may seem simple to use since it is web-based, never forget that these programs power your entire organizations business process. The features, logic, configurations, and options are as powerful and complex as any world-class system. Any failure to properly develop a program to exact required specifications your organization needs to be successful, can have negative downstream impacts.
- This is why we make the PartnerEdge Network available to you. These are trained professionals that understand the SuccessFactors HXM suite to a very deep level, and understand the impacts even a small setting change might have on your broader programs. They can work with you to conduct end-to-end testing before going live with any new or changed program to ensure that the system delivers exactly what is needed at every step, for every user in the workflow.
Note: Please reach out to your Sales Account Manager who can help engage Professional Services or the right SAP Partner for your current project needs.
sf, success factors, portal, consulting, demo, partner edge , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To