- What are the key advantages of the MDF Position Model over the Legacy Position Model?
- What are the pre-requisites to upgrade to the MDF Position Model?
- How to upgrade to MDF Position Model?
SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
What are the key advantages of the MDF Position Model over the Legacy Position Model?
- Permissions can be applied to the position objects directly - eliminating the need for a “placeholder” user record behind the position record. (Note that therefore, the position must have the attributes and values to support effective permission definitions, such as department, division, etc.);
- MDF positions support up to 200 custom fields of various types (text, date, number, picklist);
- Effective dating (the capture & tracking of past & future changes to position records) will be supported for position records;
- Search by position title on the Succession Org chart;
- Editing position records from the Succession Org chart. Users need appropriate read/write position management RBP permissions;
- Succession planning for target populations based on position attributes with RBP;
- Effective end date attribute for positions exposed in ad hoc reports for precise record retrieval.
What are the pre-requisites to upgrade to the MDF Position Model?
- Version 12 UI framework (Revolution);
- Role-Based Permissions (RBP);
- Generic Objects (will be enabled during implementation).
How to upgrade to MDF Position Model?
The upgrade to the MDF Position Model requires a paid engagement for the implementation of the feature. For this, you can refer to our SAP PartnerEdge network to engage with our network of experts.
For more information on the MDF Positions nomination method, please refer to the Succession: Implementation and Administration Guide - Metadata Framework (MDF) Position-Based Nominations.
mdf position model succession management positions implementation upgrade enable feature , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , LOD-SF-SCM-ORG , Succession Org Chart , LOD-SF-SCM-POS , Position Imports, Sync, Tiles etc. , How To