The number of records processed in any connector run does not correspond with the number of lines in the input file.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- 'View Results' in a specific connector in LMS UI
- View 'Processed' field for a specific job
- Download corresponding input file from 'File Archive'
- Check to see if the number of lines in the input file corresponds with those referenced in the 'Processed' field in log.
The number referenced in the 'Processed' field of a particular Connector job represents the number of records processed, and NOT the number of lines in the corresponding input file. It is important to note that an input file may include many lines referring to/and updating the same record. For example, when adding multiple managers via the user connector (via the user_manager_data.txt file) there would be multiple lines referring to and updating the same user record.
In the above example, it is expected behaviour that there would be less records processed than lines found in the user_manager_data.txt input file. Subsequently any disparity between the number of lines in the input file and those referenced in 'Processed' field in the connector log are to be expected.
- User Connector
- user_manager_data.txt input file
- Processed records
- Input file size