You are unable to post a Supplier Invoice due to error:
Account determination is missing for item type Input Tax. Specify account determination in Chart of Accounts XYZ and Account Determination Profile PQR Column Path Tax->Input Tax->Input Tax,Item Type Input Tax.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Select the relevant Supplier Invoice.
- Click on Post.
- Error 'Account determination is missing for item type Input Tax. Specify account determination in Chart of Accounts XYZ and Account Determination Profile PQR Column Path Tax->Input Tax->Input Tax,Item Type Input Tax.' occurs.
Tax Code applied in the invoice is X- Domestic Purchase,Standard Rate, So for this tax code the applicable tax event is XY- Domestic Purchase and for this tax Event the Account Determination Group maintained is ABC under the activity Account Determination for Tax Events and you have already maintained this account determination group under Account Determination in Chart of Accounts XYZ and Account Determination Profile PQR, Column Path Tax, Input Tax.
But, the above determination fails when your Company is in e.g. US - United States and in the invoice the Tax Country is IE - Ireland then we always treat the taxes as Tax Abroad. In this case then taxes are by default posted on Account Determination Group DEF which is for tax abroad.
- In the Business Configuration work center navigate to the fine-tune activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination (either via the Implementation project or via Overview).
- Choose Account Determination, and then select Tax, Input Tax, Input Tax, Click on Add Row and under Account Determination Group for Taxable Event.
- Enter the Account Determination Group DEF and the General Ledger Account YYY and save.
Account Determination is Missing for Item Type, Specify Account Determination, Tax abroad, Input Tax , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To