- Tempdb log space fills up with error 1105 reported in the errorlog.
- A number of processes were blocked by system spid 'Housekeepr Garbage Collector' (HK GC)
- Using lct_admin or kill command to abort all processes which were holding tempdb log space did not release the blocking
- Adding more log space did not release the blocking
- dbcc stacktrace on the "HK GC" spid shows this stack:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- Only instance observed on SP63
- Other versions may show the same symptoms
HK GC , blocking , pg_test_allocator,temp database, temporary db , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.