- Running a query in Microsoft Linked Server outputs error message:
- Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedservername" supplied inconsistent metadata for a column.
The column "status" (compile-time ordinal 4) of object "pubs2.dbo.syscolumns" was reported to have a "DBTYPE" of 16 at compile time and 17 at run time.
- Msg 7353, Level 16, State 1, Line 14
The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkeservername" supplied inconsistent metadata.
An extra column was supplied during execution that was not found at compile time.
- Software Developers Kit (SDK)
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ODBC Driver by Sybase
- Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- MSSQL Server
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
Linkedserver, ls, ms, error, result, datatype, int, smallint, integer, 4 part query, MSDASQL, converter, sybdrvodb , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.