You wish to configure a Country Specific Field in Payment Information.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Payment Information
The below example is for a French Country Specific Field. This can be amended for any country, if there is a country specific object for the country you are using, please add the custom fields to this object.
If there is no country specific object for the country please add the fields to the Payment Information Details object.
You have a custom field on Payment Information Detail FRA:
- Navigate to ‘Manage Configuration UI’.
- Select the Payment Information UI you are using.
- Add a new field to the UI and the select the edit button next to the newly added field:
You now can see the Properties of the field.
- Set the ‘Value Type’ field to ‘Resolver’.
- Set the ‘Value Type Resolver’ field to the country specific field you wish to use:
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must grant that the user who is configuring the UI has permission to that country specific payment information details, for example the payment information details FRA under miscellaneous permission.
Next you can create a UI Rule. This rule is used to change the visibility of the field.
- Select Manage UI Rules and create a new rule:
This example rule has an ‘IF’ Condition which sets the field to visible of the country specific field if the Bank Country is equal to France:
And an ‘Else IF’ that set the visibility of the country specific field to No and sets the value of the field to Null if the Bank Country is not equal to France:
- We trigger this rule as ‘onChange’ on the ‘Bank Country’ field in the UI. To do this select the Edit Properties button for the Bank Country field:
- Then add the rule you created:
If you wish for this field to be required, you can create a business rule to raise an error message if the field is Null and Bank Country is France. The below rule is an example of this:
This Rule is triggered 'onSave' in the 'Payment Information Detail' object Definition:
UI Rules only work in the UI itself. When changing the visibility of a field using a UI Rule the field will still be visible in the History Portlet for Payment Information (this is the current system behaviour).
2477238 - How to add new Country Specific configuration to Payment Information Detail object
payment information, Country Specific Field in Payment Information UI, manage configuration ui, employee central, ec , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information (Bank Information) , How To