- How to use Dynamic Group when generating the Matrix Grid Reports?
- How to include the user’s Matrix Reports, HR Reports and Direct Reports in the Matrix Grid Reports?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management - Matrix Grid Reports
To be able to filter the Matrix Grid Reports using groups, you should have the “My Groups” feature from Dynamic Groups v2 enabled and the users should have the permission to “Manage Groups in Options menu", if this permission option is enabled for the instance. For more information on the “My Groups” feature, you can refer to 2088248 - My Groups - Dynamic Groups – Platform.
To manage dynamic groups (create, edit, delete), users need to go to User Dropdown > Options > Groups.
To use dynamic groups to filter the Matrix Grid Reports, you will need to select “Group” under the Filter Options of the report, select the desired group from the dropdown list and click “Generate Report”. The report will populate the users that are part of the selected dynamic group and for whom the logged-in user has "Succession Management and Matrix Report Permission".
Example: How to include the user’s Matrix Reports, HR Reports, Custom Reports and Direct Reports in the Matrix Grid Reports?
It is possible to include the user’s Matrix Reports, HR Reports and Direct Reports in the Matrix Grid Reports by using the Dynamic Groups selection in the filter options, as described above. To do so, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to the User Drodpown > Options > Groups.
- Click “Create New Group” > the “Group Definition” dialog will appear.
- Under “People Pool”, select “Team View” in the “Pick a category…” dropdown.
- Search for your user in the “Start from the user:” field.
- For each reporting relationship, you can select if you would like to include the reports or not and how many levels down the hierarchy you would like to include in the group.
- In this example, I have included only the “Direct Reports” and the “Matrix Reports” for the user:
- Click “Done” > give a name to the group > click “Done” again.
- To use the group you just created, go to the Matrix Grid Report > select "Group" filter option > select the group you just created in the dropdown.
- Click “Generate Report”.
MXG v12 matrix grid report 9-box 9 box placement my group groups dynamic group groups filter options filtering generating reports , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-MXG , Matrix Grid Reports (9 Box) , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To