You are receiving Email Notification for User Upsert via APIs with Subject: "User Import Process Status". Similar emails are sent when Users are imported via jobs scheduled in Provisioning.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API
Reproducing the Issue
Below could be possible scenarios where User profiles are updated via API
- Cusotmer is using Integration with SAP HCM system and updating the User records from HCM to SAP via APIs.
- The HCP application widget(for example: AskHR) installed on Successfactors calls internally ODATA APIs to upsert the User.
- Integration with any third party application that uses APIs to update User profile in Bizx.
An email is always triggerred to the User which makes API Update calls. You can find the API Audit logs from:
- Admin Center->Tools Search-> SFAPI Audit Log
- Admin Center->Tools Search-> ODATA Api Audit Log
- User A is an API user.
- User A is updating records of User B via API call.
- User A will receive a notification email saying user B is upserted successfully.
- This is valid if User A updates his own record via API calls.
The below Sceen shows Login ID, so this user will receive an E-mail notification.
Go to API Audit logs screen and filter with 'Entity Name: User' as shown below:
2302957 - Why and who gets email notification for an update/upsert in Successfactors system via OData API?
Email Notification for User Upsert , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To